Old June 19th 12, 07:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default New cat

Kathy wrote in message
Tibb, the cat that was lost for 10 days in FL, went to the rainbow bridge
about a month ago. Even friends said they still feel his presence in our
house. But I really wanted another to take his place. We spent a day
looking at 3 animal humane societies, and found a beautiful 1 year old 7lb
cat that had been brought in as a stray. He had no name so we named him
Leo. It is really a change going from a 17 yr. old to a 1 yr. old. He
looks like a miniature Maine coon cat. In the evening he comes out to get
petted, eat, etc. but during the day he hides. The hiding bothers me a
bit.

It is obvious that this was a well trained cat. We told the Humane
Society that if anyone comes in looking, give them our phone. I don't
want to take someone else's cat if they still want it. The man there said
that less than 5% ever come to claim a lost pet. That seems so strange.

I could never understand why someone did not claim Boyfriend, I advertised
him on the local radio and in a supermarket where we all go. No one came
forward. I know he was well loved as he had a very expensive collar on.
Maybe he got into a van delivering something and got miles away from his
home. They must miss him terribly and will never know what happened to him.
If only they had microchipped him.
I'd like to say to his previous owners that he is very happy here, and is
microchipped to me. He had a taste for dry food, which he only gets as a
sprinkle at 10 pm. Bad for the boys.
I wish he could tell me where he came from because he is such a lovely boy
that if he was originally mine IYSWIM, I would never stop looking for him.
He is gentle and charming and doesn't have a scratch or bite in him.
He does have one fault. He is horribly greedy.
I forget how many times I've taken him to the vet because of it. He's had
all the tests known to mankind. There is nothing wrong with him - the vet
says he is just a greedy boy and I should not increase his food as he is a
perfect weight for his size, and if I give in to him he will get fat.

Tweed