Old January 26th 05, 07:36 PM
jmcquown

Holly via CatKB.com wrote:
That is an idea I am sure it may work with Sasha she hates the water.
I did notice that when I told her she was a bad kitty and refused to
play with her that she did not like that at all. She is a very
demanding little lady, loves affection but I also dont want her to
think I dont love her.

When I acquired Persia I had two parakeets. I used the squirt bottle to
train her to ignore those birds. She never felt I didn't love her; she just
ran and hid when she pounced at the cage or crept too close and I reached
for the bottle. They have since gone to the RB, but now I have a lovebird.
Persia doesn't even *think* about going near Peaches' cage unless one of her
kitty toys lands under the stand. She also knows I don't use the squirt
bottle on her anymore. I use it to help Peaches take a bath (she's a bird
who loves baths). But I'm pretty sure if I pointed it at her she'd go, "Oh
yeah, I shouldn't be doing that."

Jill