Old June 3rd 06, 03:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default fridge life of cooked mushrooms?

Matthew wrote:

rule of thumb is less than a week in a frig depending on the traffic in the
frig personally 5 days is tops for any cooked food in the frig unless you
have it in a real vacuum seal product than two to 3 weeks depending on the
food.

......Or reheat it in the interim? I can understand why
these youngsters who've never know a world without electric
refrigerators would be so paranoid, but I had the impression
you and I were about the same generation! ....Or have you
always lived in Florida? Climate does make a difference,
and the old-fashioned "ice box" probably didn't solve
problems so well there as it did in Minnesota's summers.
(In wintertime, there, we just put food between the storm
window and the sash window - often it froze, even when we
didn't want it to.)