Old March 15th 20, 10:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Laura Fenik

Default `~Need advice regarding kidney disease and non-regenerative anemia for feline

Hello, Peter,

Thank you very much for your reply. Sorry for the delay in replying back
to you - it's been very hectic.

Victoria will be seven years old on 2020 July 13th.

Starting February 28th, I've been giving Victoria darbopoetin (re-
engineered form of erythropoietin) once a week. She seems to have gotten
better until yesterday. Victoria went downhill some. Not eating much, so
I feed her via syringe.

We see that Victoria does have some pinkness on her nose and gums which
is better than before. She was closer to having no color and some
jaundice.

We've been told that Victoria is in the early stages of kidney
infection. Blood tests have ruled out leukemia and cancer.

Good to know - regarding the hypertension and kidney dissease
association and the prescribing of renin inhibitors.

We're still unsure about subjecting Victoria to a bone marrow biopsy.
I'm interested in knowing why you state that the diagnosis of non-
regenerative anemia suggests that a bone marrow biopsy may not be
useful.

We're trying to get all information that we can for Victoria. She's been
sneezing a lot as well. So a lot that we are thinking about, researching
and looking into.

Thank you for the well wishes.

Take good care, be safe and well during these times.