Old November 19th 04, 05:23 AM
Sherry

It will be painful for me to fall out with her, but I cannot tolerate a
racist and bigot. She thinks she is right, and I think I am right.
I can't see that being a racist and a bigot is right in any country. She
quotes the Bible at me. I told her that I didn't think God was a bigot.
This is hard for me. We have been friends, and we are falling out about
Bush. That was the first thing. I'll never compromise about the other
racism and homophobic stuff.
It might be the end of our friendship.

Tweed

Gee, Tweed, I don't know. If it were me, I'd probably write off the friendship.
I don't think I could compromise on the racism and homophobia at all. If it
were just a matter of politics, it'd be workable. I have a dear friend with
whom I *cannot* discuss politics. Ever. She still tries to bring it up, esp. at
election time, I just remind her I'm not gonna discuss it.
A Bible-quoting racist/bigot, even. That really blows my gourd. You're response
to her was right!

Sherry

Sherry