Old August 2nd 16, 02:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default A Birthday Gift

On 8/1/2016 5:59 PM, Bastette wrote:
MaryL wrote:

On 7/30/2016 7:56 PM, jmcquown wrote:
On 7/27/2016 11:34 PM, Takayuki wrote:
On Sat, 23 Jul 2016 17:06:22 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:
My SO sent me this lovely drawing of Buffy for my birthday. (July 26th)

https://s32.postimg.org/jh8xddypx/buffy_painting.jpg

Sorry it's not terribly clear, it's difficult to scan a framed piece of
artwork.

Wonderful! Is that pastels, or oil?

Both. It started as a coloured pastel/soft pencil sketch. He added
some oil touches to it. He told me worked on it for about three weeks,
trying to get it just right. He's never quite satisfied with his work.
I think it's wonderful.

Jill

Never being satisfied is a sign of a good artist.

But an unhappy person, I think!

I don't understand that comment. My SO is not an unhappy person.

Mary paints. We've seen some of her wonderful work here (Duffy sitting
on top of one!). She completely understood what I meant. John is
always touching up or making changes to his paintings. Not being
"satisfied" doesn't mean he's unhappy at all. He's critical of his own
work and tries to improve on it. Funny, I thought you would understand
that's what we meant.

Jill