Old October 10th 03, 02:00 PM
Ted Davis

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 04:47:34 GMT, "Iso" wrote:

ISO's constant use of the word "feline" when refering to kitties should be a
huge clue to the mentality here. S/h/it doesn't get it.

I'm sorry if my lexicon supersedes your terminology. However, when you
disagree with anyone, do don't have to disrespectfully disagree. That really
shows your character! Just so, you know CHERYL, the term that you loosely
throw around KITTY, holds no merit for your disagreement. Kitty is actually
A pool of money, especially one to which a number of people have contributed
for a designated purpose, like of a portion of each pot in a poker game.
Moreover, just a little DID YOU KNOW for CHERYL, Felidae is actually
redirected from Feline. Furthermore, ALL cats are members of the family
Felidae, but just so you know CHERYL, it is actually Felis silvestris catus.
NOT KITTY. There is a difference to the remainder of the world. The term cat
most commonly means a domestic cat, although it can also be used to refer to
the other members of the feline family. For example, lions, tigers, jaguars
and the like are often referred to as the big cats. THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE!
AND the next time you post something, press the F7 key.

"Here feline, feline, feline! Feline, feline, feline - come and get
your supper - here feline, feline, feline!"

Yeah, sure - even most ferals know that they are called 'kitties', but
I've never know any cat that instinctively responded to 'feline', or
anything else but 'kitty'. We call them 'kitties' because that is
what they want to be called.

On a linguistic note, 'kitty' is a diminutive of 'kitten' when applied
to cats.

T.E.D. )