Old December 1st 05, 04:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default How do cats behave with Spiders and Snakes?

nospam wrote:
Hello friends, I am moving to Arizona and want to hear your experiences on
the following:

1. How to pest-proof the home against black widows, scorpions and snakes.
2. How do cats react when they see these creatures? Attack? Run?
3. Any other precautions/advice.

Many thanks for your help.
al

LOL - brings back some old memories. We used to always keep cats around
the farm to help with the rattlesnake population. Our cats would corner
a snake and then sit back and yowl loud enough to hear halfway across
the farm. You got to a point where you recognized that distinctive yowl
and grabbed the shovel or hoe to go decapitate a rattlesnake. We had
one cat whose name I can't remember that was a long haired smoky gray
cat, she was the best rattlesnake hunter we ever had.