Old January 26th 07, 03:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

Default Beware of cat

on Thu, 25 Jan 2007 16:08:01 GMT, "jmagerl"
wrote:

Mr.Bonkers is a watch cat. When the doorbell rings, he is right there
to hiss, scratch, bite any stranger that comes into the house. He
defends his property with a vigor. Every other cat I have ever know
has prefered to run and hide when a stranger approaches. Not this guy.
Lord help any kid that ever chases him.

When we have a visitor sleep overnight, Mr.Bonkers sits in a chair all
night long and stares at them. Its rather upsetting.

IS there any way to teach a cat to be less agressive? He is an indoor,
neutered cat with access to a screened in outside room. HE gets along
well with the other cats in the neighborhood that roam free (thru the
screen that is) .It's just he has an active dislike for other humans.

With his human family he's a perfect gentleman. He never raises a claw
or bites (for blood). He's a perfect kitty except for this reaction to
strangers.

I don't have any suggestions, I just want to say this is funny as hell.
(Sorry!) My adult cat, Rudy, LOVES visitors. He's right there at the
door with my insane dog. My kitten, Levi, is starting to do the same
thing. I don't know how we lucked out this way, but it probably has to
do with their socialization experiences when they are young.

--
Lynne