Old May 4th 05, 02:05 AM
Annie Wxill

"tanada" wrote in message
ink.net...
.... Geico is refusing to pay us anything for the van. They are going to
replace this woman's car. ... Pam S. sill living a nightmare.

When we were in Oregon, the no-fault insurance law was in effect. I suppose
it still is, but I don't know.
Any way, fault is not even considered for an accident. You pay your
insurance, and it covers you only, regardless of who is at fault. That
means that you are covered as long as you buy insurance. You do not have to
pay extra to protect yourself against uninsured drivers. If the driver does
not buy insurance, the uninsured driver not only gets cited for not having
insurance, but also does not collect from your insurance.
In your case, not only would your insurance company not buy the woman a new
car (her insurance would do that), your company would have to take care of
you.
I wish we had no-fault insurance everywhere.

Anyway, I really hope things start to turn around for you. I can't think of
anyone more deserving of getting a break.

Annie