Old September 18th 17, 12:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joe W Dee

Default Okey Doke... I tried Facebook

On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 18:43:44 -0400, Lesley Madigan wrote
(in ):

On Friday, September 1, 2017 at 12:20:34 AM UTC+1, Jill McQuown wrote:
Sorry, I can't stand it.

You get used to it. I ignore most of it I just mostly scroll past the news
feed and use the notifications to check if anyone has posted anything I might
be interested on in any of the groups.

It's a tool-like a lot of people friends and family are now scattered all
over the World so it means I can stay in touch with say my dad's sister who
is on aged 80, a couple of weeks back someone I hadn't seen in 40 years got
in touch so we were chatting about friends from back then and where they are
now. one of my oldest friends, Lee, moved down under but comes back every
couple of years or so, so he uses FB to organise meeting up with people and
we all get together. Another friend a few years back started a group for
people who used to go to a certain venue back in the 70's early 80's. That
put me in touch with people once again and I made some new friends through
it, 2 weeks' ago yesterday I was at the 11th gig organised off the back of
that FB page.

I met one of my closest friend through an FB group he was a pillar of
strength to me when I lost Dave always around to talk to when I was lonely
and we have since met 3 times

As I say it's a tool and I have long since learnt to pick and choose with it

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

I haven't participated much lately although I was a regular contributor years
ago, and my two rescue brothers would be a good reason to chime in now and
then.

This topic interests me because Facebook is a love/hate relationship, but
entirely controllable, depending on who you choose to follow (not friend:
follow) and who you opt out of following.

And as Lesley said, being able to reconnect with friends and relatives from
years ago is a godsend. Cousins I hadn't seen in 50+ years, who we spent
every summer with, have resurfaced, along with years and years of wonderful
memories.

It is doable if you investigate how to control it.

--
Joe W Dee