Old February 20th 05, 12:34 AM
kitkat

Mary wrote:
"kitkat" wrote in message
om...

any words of wisdom?

scared!
Pam

http://www.dvmnewsmagazine.com/dvm/a...l.jsp?id=63913

http://www.felinediabetes.com/concur...ncreatitis.htm

Thanks, Mary. I had done a little google investigation myself. It sounds
like an episode of acute pancreatitis, but we'll only know after time if
it becomes chronic. The diagnosis from the vet was not definitive...just
suspected. I guess we'll see how he does over the next 24-48 hours and
go from there. The one good thing is that he seems comfortable while
resting...but I am very aware of the stoic nature of kitties, so if he
is in a lot of pain, he might not be showing it. I did get him to drink
a little water earlier from a ladle that I put right in front of his
face. I'm going to try that again tonight. I really would like to help
keep him hydrated.

also still sick,
Pam