Old January 17th 04, 05:51 PM
Gail

I would say once yearly which includes blood work. I think x-rays are not
needed unless the vet detects something upon physical exam. His teeth should
also be checked during this exam along with his body (which is felt for any
lumps, etc).
Gail
"MJohns7861" wrote in message
As my indoor cat Willi approaches his 10th birthday in April am wondering

if
there are something I need to think about regarding his health. I

generally
take him in once a year for his vet visit and shots. Am debating if I

should
now move this to every 6 months. Any thoughts? I have read in someplaces

there
is a value to perhaps getting him x-rayed periodically to identify any
possiblity of cancer early. Also, he has never had his teeth cleaned and

wonder
if I need to be thinking about any dental issues he may have in his senior
years. Overall, Willi has a good health history and had his PC surgery

when he
was 6 for a blockage and has never been outside the house. However, he is

in
the 16 lb range and really needs to lose some weight. He is currently

eating a
ProPlan weight management dry food.

Any feedback or thoughts are appeciated.

Magnus