Old June 28th 12, 07:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

Default Ping: MLB

On 06/27/2012 11:15 PM, MaryL wrote:
Are you alright? How close are you to the fires? I hope you are safe and
with no problems.

MaryL

Thanks, MaryL, for your interest. My condo is very close to "downtown"
and baring unexpected tragedies is safe (really, is anyone really safe
anymore?). SLValley is now wall to wall cities. The mountains to the
east are close. A 20 to 30 minute drive is about right to reach the
mountain. Those to the west would take longer. When I bought this
condo 50 years ago it weas in the unincorporated area and there was lots
of open space. Now, it has been filled to the brim and it has no open
space. FYI I haven't been "downtown" in many years. It has been
renewed for the third time and from the pictures I have seen is
beautiful. There are six fires in the state but more in the center and
southern part. They seem to be bad and many have had to seek safety
elsewhere. I get sick at heart thinking if the farm animals that can't
be taken to safety. Best wishes and please pray for rain for Utah. MLB