Old March 26th 04, 07:43 PM
Karen

"Jo Firey" wrote in message
It's American. Mine was Mother or Mom. And there was no lack of

affection
in calling her mother. It's just a little old fashioned here.

But the other parent was always Daddy. Go figure.

Jo

Yes, my "Dad" is and always will be Daddy. Even now after he has died we
refer to him as Daddy. Now, what really confused me as a child was that Mom
called Daddy Daddy and Daddy called Mom Mom or Mama when talking to us or
each other. It really was a big shock to me when I got older and they
reverted more to using each others name! I know, I was a fairly dim child it
seems.

Karen