Old July 24th 12, 02:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default (OT) New Cleaning Service kicked Merry Maid's Butt!

"jmcquown" wrote in message
I got a recommendation for a new service from someone who lives here and
has used them before. OMG, night and day compared to the Merry Maids
fiasco! They weren't afraid of vacuuming up a little kitty litter and
washing the bathroom floor. They scoffed at the excuse there are cat feces
all over the house. They simply couldn't believe it.

They cleaned the the entire place, top to bottom. They washed the
windows, inside and out. They did an excellent job! And they were fun to
have around, too. They laughed and joked while they were working.

I got a couple of good cleaning tips from them, too. Did you know olive
oil takes stains off of "stainless" steel appliances? I only have one
stainless steel appliance, the front of the dishwasher. (I hate stainless
steel, it's *not" "stainless and it's a PITA to clean.) She used a dab of
olive oil on a rag and it looks great!

Oh, and for cleaning windows, mix a little Johnson's Head-to-Toe Baby Wash
(about a capful) in a spray bottle filled with water. No streaks, no
clouding, nada. Good to know and much cheaper than commercial products.
The windows are sparkling now!

Glad to know there is a cleaning service you are happy with, some only want
to come in to maintain a tidy and pristine house.
If our houses were clean and pristine we wouldn't need them, would we?
My house is clean but a bit untidy. I've always been untidy since I was a
child, my mother used to moan about it, but I am still a bit untidy even now
;-)