Old July 18th 08, 03:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kajikit[_2_]

Default OT - Recognize These Symptoms?

On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 23:49:48 -0700 (PDT), Enfilade
wrote:

I love working at the hotel. I'm basically a security guard there,
with a side of customer service. I watch security cams, lock/unlock
doors, and when asked, serve coffee or forward phone calls. That's
about it...I usually "do" about 1 or 2 things a night, the rest of the
time I'm staying up watching the building and wandering around,
drinking tea and reading. Best job ever.

I wonder if I just can't handle the stress of an office job any more?
Gods, I used to be a /pilot/ and I handled THAT okay...I don't know
what went "wrong" if that's the case.

I am fine in typing. You may notice it as an odd thing talking to
me. You will be frustrated as hell watching me try to use numbers or
remember things I have heard, because it doesn't "stick".

You don't HAVE to take the new job just because they hired you... you
are always free to tell them that it's not going to work out for you
for whatever reason you care to give (or no reason at all, since you
haven't even started yet!) And you haven't quit the old one yet...
given your difficulties it sounds like it was the ideal job for you
right now, and if I was you I'd keep it, especially since you say you
like doing it!

The only person I know who has the difficulties you are describing has
MS but she also has tons of physical symptoms to go along with it...
she loses words and forgets things all the time but when you read her
writing she sounds fine. I'm very glad you're going to go to the
doctor about it - it sounds like you should get thoroughly checked out
ASAP.