Old July 27th 03, 09:30 PM
bewtifulfreak

"Bob Brenchley." wrote in message

I do not let young kittens roam, but like children they grow and
develop a life of their own. By the time a cat is adult I would
certainly not put any restrictions on its movements, just as I would
not expect to restrict my children now they are grown.

There are some parallels to cat and child rearing, but unlike with grown
children, you can't teach cats street safety or stranger danger, and make
them aware of all the risks of an outdoor life in the city. I get the
impression from your posts that you believe that domestic cats should be
treated relative to their wild cousins, and to some extent, as with the
feeding, I can certainly see your point. But wild cats, unlike their
domestic brethren, generally don't have to face the dangers of a city or
other highly populated area. And it's just not realistic to say people in
those areas shouldn't own cats, because as I said, there are far too many
cats in those areas in need of a good home.

Ann