Old October 24th 18, 02:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Buffy Scared the C*** Out of Me!

On 2018-10-23 3:29 PM, jmcquown wrote:
On 10/23/2018 1:08 PM, Tina wrote:
Jill, I wish you'd try a bit harder with FB rpca. OK there's a lot of
people you don't know, but you do know some of us, it's just you may
not recognise their real names. FB rpca does take some getting used
to, it's different, extremely fast paced, just reply to what you
like, tick to like others with various emoticoms, and ignore the rest
that you don't have time for.. I'm sorry you didn't feel welcome, of
course you are. It's just different, you'll get used to it. Persevere.

Thanks!Â* I never said I didn't feel welcome.Â* I just don't like the FB
interface.

I don't like Facebook either. I tried it once, very briefly, many years
ago, took against it and decided I didn't need to spend even more time
on the computer learning to use a program I disliked from the start.

I do miss some of the old groups I used to follow - pretty much defunct
now, all of them, but I doubt I'll give Facebook another try. There's
not much point, since it's such a different kind of software than the
discussions I liked ran on that I doubt I'd like it any more than I did
all those years ago.

Admittedly, I sometimes feel like I'm out of the Ark, since just about
everyone I know seems to be on Facebook, but joining still doesn't
appeal to me.

Same here, Cheryl. One thing I disliked about FB is (from inception)
they made it nearly impossible to deactivate/delete the account. It's
also fraught with security issues. I don't need FB to keep in touch
with people. If that makes you out of the Ark, I guess that makes me a
Luddite. Hey, I don't own a Smartphone, either.

Jill