Old January 15th 04, 10:40 PM
Asfand Yar Qazi

Sunflower wrote:

You CAN rid your home of fleas, but it's not a quick process. And, once you
do so, you must be very vigilant about a reinfestation. The usual source is
an animal that is allowed to go in and out, or a new animal that's infested
already. If you wish to continue to allow your cat outdoor access, it's
imperative that he receive the Frontline monthly and you continue to
practice a lot of vacuuming and throw away the bags.

Great. More work. Its my brother's cat, and he's away at University 5
days a week.

It's a lot easier on
you and the cat if you just restrict his access to indoors only though.

Problem is though, that he's an outdoor animal now (he's been brought up
like that I'm afraid.) My Mum, having been brought up in Pakistan with
animals all her life (cats, dogs, chickens, buffalos, etc.!), can't bear
to see it scratching on the door wanting to go out ("Its in its nature,
I can't stop it," she says.)

Some people keep their cat outside in the shed at all times, even when
they've had kittens. What are your thoughts on this?

--
http://www.it-is-truth.org/