Old December 31st 04, 01:07 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/4...212312004&ts=H

Wal-Mart Fires 3 Workers After Cat Killed
Police: Two Followed Manager's Orders To Shoot Animal
POSTED: 6:52 am EST December 30, 2004
EVANSVILLE, Ind. -- Two Wal-Mart employees have been charged with felony
animal cruelty after police said they followed a manager's orders to shoot
and kill a stray cat.

The men, both assistant managers at the store, were arrested and released
after a court appearance Wednesday. Christopher Anderson, 29, and Jeffrey
Hardin, 21, told police the store's manager ordered them to get rid of the
animal that was living in a storage trailer behind their store.
Anderson and Hardin repeatedly shot the cat with a pellet gun from the store
until it died the following day, a Vanderburgh County Sheriff's Department
report said.
"We were sickened by this cruelty," Kevin D. Miller, regional vice president
for the Arkansas-based retailer, said in a news release Thursday.
"After an internal investigation, we terminated the three associates we know
to be involved," the release said. The company did not name the employees
who were fired.
The company also plans to donate $10,000 to split between the Vanderburgh
County and Warrick County Humane Societies in Indiana, the release said.
A truck driver who reported the incident said he saw store employees placing
what he believed to be a dead animal in shrink wrap a day after he heard
workers joking about shooting the cat.
Store manager Darrel Weitzel told police he had told some of his employees
to get a gun and get rid of the cat after attempts to coax it from the
trailer failed, according to a police report.
Anderson and Hardin were scheduled for a hearing next Tuesday.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material
may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

------------

Also, I wish I had cut-n-pasted what I wrote to them. I asked if this "
'manager' had his head up his ass" and wheter or not he had heard of Animal
Control, Humane Society, ASPCA, etc., and wished the same treatment to them
that they gave the cat.

Darmok wrote:
On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 23:39:31 GMT, "Magic Mood Jeep©"
wrote:

I did a bit of searching, and found an online "store feedback form"
for Wal-Mart... I suggest as many people as possible fill one out &
click
submit, to they will learn that "we are not amused" by this happening

http://www.walmartstores.com/wmstore...OnlineForm.jsp

Just fired off a complaint ... if their britches aren't smoldering
when they finish reading it, I'd be surprised.

I am totally outraged at this. Wal-Mart was to begin construction of
a store in my home town this upcoming year (2005). I may lead a
protest against it.

--?
The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)© email me at
nalee1964 (at) insightbb (dot) com