Old April 17th 08, 12:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobblespin

Default PLEASE STOP [was URGENT TO GINGER-LYN]

Ginger-lyn wrote:
I feel I need to jump in here, considering this thread is about me and
my cat and my decisions.

I have e-mailed both parties with my feelings, and in general, I think
that is where they belong -- in private e-mail.

I will only say that each situation is different, and what may be right
for one may be wrong for the other. I believe I made the right decision
for Cosmo; I could not allow him to suffer in pain needlessly, and I
wanted to give him a chance to not be in pain and to feel better again,
and to live out what life is left to him (and I believe he has quite a
bit of life left to him; as someone posted, he *is* a strong cat).

Catnipped is someone I consider a friend, and tripsovercats is new here.
But in this case, tripsovercats was completely accurate about my
situation, what happened, the hematoma, etc. He/she may have come
across to some too strongly, but his/her words comforted me greatly. I
hope everyone will give him/her a chance, as it sounds like
tripsovercats may have a great deal of insight to offer here.

I also believe Catnipped was only trying to help, and only had the best
of intentions. But I believe in this situation, her advice was wrong. I
hope that in saying that, we remain friends.

So, please, let's stop this. I do not want to be the cause of hurt and
angry feelings here.

Please just remember that Cosmo made it through the surgery (a surgery
both the vet and I agreed was necessary), that he has a good chance of
recovery, and that your wonderful purrs and prayers made all the
difference.

Ginger-lyn

Amen.