Old August 8th 17, 05:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Mack A. Damia[_2_]

Default Hard-core feral softening up after 10 years

On Tue, 8 Aug 2017 09:25:40 -0700 (PDT), "Peter W."
wrote:

On Tuesday, August 8, 2017 at 11:53:27 AM UTC-4, Mack A. Damia wrote:

I may have mentioned before that my friend in San Diego had a feral
cat for over twenty years. Pity-Pat stayed under John's bed and
would only come out at night to eat and use the litter box.

She came out from under the bed at the end, I guess when she sensed
her death.

She was a sweet thing. I saw her very briefly only on a couple of
occasions.

Ask yourself. 20 years in a 6 x 7 space (if that), coming out only for basic bodily functions, and only at night. Solitary confinement is reserved only for the hardest of prisoners, and even then they get some exercise and get to see the sky even if only over a wall. Is that any life for a cat? Any life at all?

Pity-Pat would roam around John's condo at night, and she did come to
him for love and affection.

My friend had another cat (he always has two) and they did enjoy each
other at times. He saved this one from a certain death.

Pity-Pat had a good life - much better than she had outside.

Anyway, this group is filled with nasty trolls who really don't care
about cats. It's all about their narcissistic egos. John Doe, the
trumpian coward, is a good example.