Old February 2nd 14, 12:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

Default How does pet insurance work?

I checked into pet insurance a decade ago simply because I was
curious.

Our local rugby team used to have a signboard over their ground
saying their sponsor was a pet insurance firm. That told me all
I needed to know about how much profit they were making.

The most expensive thing we've had with our cats was surgery for
Courtney's broken hip - probably about the same as what Tweed's
incurred, and we're much less well off. Marion sometimes called
her "Holiday" after that because it meant no holiday that year.

Using a credit card and an overdraft instead of pet insurance
must have worked out a lot cheaper, though we never calculated
the exact figures.