Old July 18th 08, 01:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Charleen Welton

Default OT - Recognize These Symptoms?

Many caring loving purrs and prayers that whatever the problem is can be
fixed and you feel well again soon.
Charleen and the purrers.

"Enfilade" wrote in message
I'm going to the doctor tomorrow or the day after (I'm working three
insane shifts: 12 pm to 8 pm, 11 pm to 6:30 am, and 7:15 to 1 pm -
close to 24 hours straight of awake working.)

I can't find any info on the net: I don't even know what to search
for. Anyone here have an idea?

--Constant misperception: mistaking one thing for another, or one
word for another (in extreme cases, seeing things that aren't there,
or not seeing things that are there) It feels like someone is
"Switching things around" behind your back, though you know they
aren't.

--Suddenly getting something familiar wrong--like suddenly mixing up
your phone number - and not being able to tell whether the number
you've given is right or wrong

--Triple-checking things and still making lots of errors

--Leaving stove burners on, taps going, etc. Double checking them and
thinking they are off--they're not--you only find out when 1. you
leave and come back, 2. you get another cue like the smell of a stove
burner or notice the sound of running water 3 somone else points it
out

--Mixing up words: like saying "now" instead of "new", "bucket"
instead of "basket" (or, in extreme cases, "cup" instead of basket -
ie an object to hold things and letting the listener guess the correct
word from that)

--Getting counts wrong

--Not being able to perceive errors until another person shows them to
you - ie you count two, double-count two, triple-count two, and only
when someone comes along to point out that there are four, can you
perceive that there are four, and never have been two.

--Having to write down basic information - like your phone number, bus
number, name of your employer, address - and having to check it before
giving it out, even years later (ie repetition does not help you
remember)

--in the end, being never quite sure what is real or what
isn't....it's all a guess, and you regularly guess wrong.

--Fil