Old June 7th 19, 12:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Forgot to post about Buffy's Anniversary

On June 2, 2015, I adopted Buffy. Wow, where did the time go? She went
from being a timid cat who expected another cat to jump out at any
minute and not let her eat to a confident, loving, engaging cat.
Playing with toys and very much out of her shell in just a matter of a
day or two. She owns this place (and me).

She's still a tad jumpy sometimes. If the television is on and a show
has a doorbell that sounds like mine, she startles. I say, "It's on TV"
and she relaxes. Good.

Odd thing about the doorbell. Sometimes when the *actual* doorbell
rings she runs and hides. Other times she marches towards the front
door as if she's expecting company.

Buffy and weather is another odd thing: Yesterday evening there was a
thunderstorm. Buffy was snoozing in her pyramid bed. There was some
thunder, some flashes of lighting. I was on the couch, reading. I saw
a flash of light out the window almost immediately followed by a very
loud clap of thunder. She bolted out of her bed like her tail was on
fire. I said, "It's okay sweetie, it's just noisy weather." She went
and hid anyway.

It's not like this is her first thunderstorm in 4 years. There are many
times where she just goes "Oh, okay". Last evening she chose to hide on
a chair under the dining room table.

Coincidentally, it was the first place she hid on the day I adopted her.
I brought her home, let her out of the carrier in the bedroom and
showed her where the food and litter box was. She went under my bed. A
short while later, she wasn't there. On that same day, she was on a
chair under the dining room table. I looked under the tablecloth,
tapped my fingers on the floor and said, "Hi, Buffy". She jumped down
and I gave her scritches. She's been ruling the house ever since.
Happy belated Buffy-versary!

Jill