Old June 7th 19, 06:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Forgot to post about Buffy's Anniversary

On 6/7/2019 12:19 PM, Bill Nak wrote:
Happy adoption day to Buffy!

Thank you, Bill!

Coincidentally, my Pirate and Eddy were also adopted on June 2nd, but in
2017 at ages 7 and 8.

I'm not sure how old Buffy is. The guestimate at the time was 6 years
old. I adopted her after someone in the neighborhood died. I asked but
there were no veterinary records. I do know Buffy was one of the ferals
from the TNR colony. This woman apparently scooped her up as a
youngster after she'd been vaccinated, spayed, had her ear notched and
released. Gave her a home. Too bad it was a home with a couple of
other cats, one of which was a dominant male Tonkinese.

Cats are funny.Â* Most of the time my cats (all 5) don't care about rain
or thunder.Â* Some will sit in the window against the screen and watch
the rain. My former two, Mooch and Smoochie, would hide at the first
drop of rain.

As for the doorbell, it rings so very seldom nobody likes it, especially
me, LOL.

I never expect the doorbell to ring. People know to call first before
just ringing the bell or knocking. Sometimes there's a delivery but I
know when to expect those.

But if I see the mail lady coming and wait at the door, 2 of my youngest
always want scritches form her :-)

Your cats are more adventurous than Buffy. She never goes that far.
She'll head towards the door but when I open it she backs off.

Letting strangers pet her is purely subjective. A couple of years ago I
had an HVAC maintenance man inside and he sat down with me in the living
room to enter the invoice in his tablet. Buffy did something completely
out of character. She started rubbing against his feet and his legs.
(Shedding all over his nice blue uniform pants!) She acted like she
wanted to jump up in his lap. Whoa. I'd never seen her behave like
that with a stranger before. Or since. It was weird.

Jill