Old June 15th 19, 08:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
cshenk

Default Forgot to post about Buffy's Anniversary

Bill Nak wrote:

YW Jill!

Pi and Eddy's ages are just estimates from the rescue.

I remember Buffy's story from when you got her. I was very happy for
you. It's too bad Buffy was so intimidated by the other cat, but now
she's in a home where she can be herself.

When I open the door, usually there's three running to the door
expecting to go outside. Eddy, Pi and the two middle cats, Bebe and
EJ all get to go outside on long leashes when I have the time. They
always want to go out, but unfortunately my time is limited and I
can't take them out when I do yardwork, because they need to be
watched as they can tangle the leashes around flowers and shrubs.
But once they settle down they love to watch the birds and goings on
in the neighborhood.

Pirate never had any interest in going out. He's comfortable just
sitting in the window. And our newest, Lady, won't allow a collar or
harness put on her, so she stays in also. Fortunately she doesn't
seem to want to go out. She almost died of illness and exposure when
we found her, weighed only 3 pounds. Vet said she should weigh 7.
Maybe she remembers her former life and would rather be comfortable
indoors.

One of these days I'm going to d/l Thunderbird to participate more,
but time is limited with the cats and other things I do. Years ago I
spent more time on Usenet, and Outlook was useful, but now just makes
a mess of posts.

Later,

Hi Bill,

Might want to check out a freeware producd calls Xananews. Much less
intense setup than Thunderbird and pretty much has the essentials right
out of the box. Takes about 5 minutes from download to usable
interface then you can colorize things and so on to your liking.