Old August 6th 08, 07:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default Why Hello There!

Jofirey wrote:
"Yowie" wrote in message
Gracecat wrote:
Been a while, how is everybody?

(Cheryl, how are you hon? I've thought about you recently.)

Ian turned two las... two months ago. (Had to think)

Abi got her ears pierced yesterday and is entering fifth grade.
(When
I came here, she was two years old. For reference, Eve would have
been
6 last month)

Pam! I was glad to read Rob came off hospice earlier this year. I
read
the newsgroup about twice a month and those six months worried me.
think he'll surprise us again with these latest MRI results. It's
been
too long since I talked to you on the phone, we need to change
that!

Mutt's still plugging along, she'll be 12 at the end of this month.
She's not as active as she was four years ago, but she's still
pretty
danged energetic.

Jody had a change of job duties earlier this month. Dad sold our
family business to a larger company and became a subsidiary. Short
term isn't as wonderful as it was being self-employed, but hey, we
have a nest egg. That's always nice.

Ian keeps me on my toes. I was diagnosed with general anxiety
disorder
but it's temporary. Ian has no fear and I have too much fear. For
now
whenever he manages a *******-toddler trick, I have my little panic
attack that OMG he could have gotten hurt, take a xanax and we move
on. (I really do say that tongue in cheek. It's that bad but the
panic
attacks are less than they were six months ago.)

Purrs and prayers, (and doggy drool) where they're needed.
Victor
and Lori, ya'll stay safe. Hopefully ya'll will be on the western
side
of the bands. Looks like Alexandria, LA is going to get the eastern
side regardless. It's good to have a generator, and an RV

Always good to see you, Grace.

Boy toddlers have no fear. Then they grow into 4 year olds and have
even less fear than they did when they were toddlers. The Yowlet
(who is now 4 years, 4 months) enjoys playing 'hide and seek'. He
particularly likes playing this in malls, the beach, and other large
spaces with lots of hiding places, and has been known to just let
hismelf out of the front door to play hide and seek somewhere on the
street. What of course he doesn't do is *tell* us when he's about to
go hide. He thinks its funny. Countless sessions on the naughty
chair, withdrawal of junk food, toys and Tv, and even some good
bottom thwackings have yet to discourage him from this new hobby of
his. This is why I have grey hair.

Yowie

Yowie
You may have to have a traceable microchip installed on that boy!
They have them for kids that are good for about 200 yards.

All I need do is chip his Ben 10 Deluxe Omnitrix watch. The only time it
comes off his wrist is for baths and daycare, otherwise he even sleeps with
the darn thing stuck on his arm. He has no idea how to play the games on it
(nor do I, he lost the instruction manual before I got to read it) but woe
betide if anyone else touches it or tries to remove it. Boy howdy what a
racket!

Yowie