Old April 23rd 12, 04:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Amelia T Cat

Default Remembering Uncle Serge

My Paw posted the message below on a couple of Facebook pages, and I
thought it would be appropriate to post it here as well:

In memory of Serge Dasara:

An animal shelter near me (Animals Deserving Of Proper Treatment,
adoptpetrescue.org) is holding a charity 5K walk on Sunday, May 6, 2012.
It has been more than 15 years since I've done anything like this, but I
am going to walk this event. I'll be wearing a black t-shirt that says
"In memory of Serge Luciano Dasara, RB 4/21/12". I know that doing this
won't help ease the pain of Serge's passing, but I believe that helping a
no-kill shelter is something of which Serge would have approved.

I have also created a "Team Serge" page to accept donations for the ADOPT
shelter. That page is at https://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/
danielmahoney/adopt-19th-annual-makinstridesforstrays-walkathon. I've
started the process with a donation of $5 to ADOPT. If any of you feel so
inclined, I would invite you to make a donation of whatever amount you
are comfortable with. I will do my best to make sure that the folks at
ADOPT know that the donations that come in through the Team Serge page
are in Serge's memory.

Once the walk is over I will update the Team Serge page with photos and
video clips, and I will probably update Serge's kitty pages on my web
server with the info as well.