Old May 15th 15, 10:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sylvia M[_3_]

Default Peeing in corners

I've been out of town, visiting my daughter and her family, and attending
my granddaughters university graduation. . . that's the good part.

My daughter's cat, Cleo, started peeing in corners of the room with her
litterbox, and on the rug in the foyer.
This may have started when they acquired a puppy, golden retriever, now a
two-year-old dog.
They mostly co-exist, and since the dog is not allowed in kitchen, dining
or living room, (he's very obedient about that)
that's mainly where the cat hangs out. He does get overly friendly with
sniffing and licking her. Then they get into a fight and then she runs
into the kitchen , behind the cabinet island, or into the dining room.

Cleo uses her litterbox for b.m.s and sometimes urination, (it's a self
cleaning box).
Daughter has changed litter, changed to just a covered litterbox . . . no
joy.
Cleo will pee on aluminum foil when it covers the corners where she does
it.
This is a pain for my daughter to clean up every day, and sometimes Cleo
will find another place on the wood floors to use. instead.

Not a UTI, has been checked repeatedly. Vet has no opinion as to what to
do.

My daughter thinks it's an "attitude problem" . . that Cleo does it because
she doesn't like the dog. She was there first.
Any solutions, beside "get rid of the dog" ?

T.I.A.

Sylvia