Old February 24th 05, 05:50 PM
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Default Bengal Cats:are they hybrids or are they true domestic cats?

Troy Mangum wrote:
Please help me. From reviewing the various websites online regarding

this
breed I have having trouble understanding one thing.

Is this an actual hybrid between a domestic cat and a wild cat of

some
sort.

How do Bengals differ from other domestic breeds?

Well, my neighbor had a Bengal (she still does, but isn't my neighbor
anymore). Pearl didn't shed, ever. She said that unlike most cats and
dogs who are covered in hair, Pearl had a pelt (think mink, beaver,
etc). Softest cat I've ever petted.

On another note, one of the externals (strays) is a Bengal, and he's
gorgeous. I've been trying to lure him in, but he is very shy.

Smokie Darling (Annie) - who hopes she got all the extra groups cut off.