Old July 20th 09, 03:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sativasam

Default When 1 is a bully?

I have 3 cats living with me. Or is it the other way round.
All rescues Tilly the queen Mozz the man and BIG Tank Murdock.
Mozz was 1st he just arrived 1 rainy night. Tilly next was in a cage waiting
for the 'death jab' she had her kittens taken by the cat rescue and she was
in for the jab as they couldn't find her a home.
Then 2 years later BIG TANK Murdock, arrived. He was in my bin shelter
'rotting' he was bald scabby dripping eyes bit by a local dog he was in a
bad way. I had to get him sorted so paid £450 vet in total to get him put
right. Thing is now 4 years later he is a big healthy lad. He has become
'top cat' and he rules with an iron paw. Unfortunately Mozz has all but left
home. He now lives in the bin shelter. I try to get them to be chums but no
way. Tilly she is little lady boss (when BIG TANK Murdock allows it)
Mozz was 1st here so I think he should be boss but well BTM just won't give
him chance when he is well he is twice the size of Mozz. Its very
distressing but what can I do. Mozz just won't come in apart from feeding,
then straight out. When BTM went walkabout for 2 week Mozz came and settled
back in... Then BTM came home and it all started again. To be fair its
taught me a big lesson about feeding strays and letting them in my home.
I hope some time BTM will leave and let Mozz and Tilly back to being a happy
couple.
But without barring him out I don't know what to do. He went to live with my
mate but found his way back here after being AWOL for 2 week. The cats home
is no option, they can't do that because he's high maintenance as he gets
ill 2 or 3 times a year with bad Eczema and nerves, when he needs steroids.
at fireworks time he will pull his own fur out if I don't sit with him all
night! Oh well I just feel sorry for Mozz. I try to be cat referee but its
not working. All the best with yours. We must be mad, soft, who knows. I
just want all 3 to be happy. Well 4 with me.

"Rene S" wrote in message
Our oldest cat, Tucker, is a bully like that. If it's something minor,
I let it go, but if he's getting on the other cats' nerves, I'll try
and distract him. I'll sweet talk him or throw a toy to direct his
attention elsewhere. Keep your interactions and tone of voice
positive. If you're negative, then he'll sense that and things will
only get worse.