Old September 23rd 05, 06:43 PM
jmcquown

Lots42 wrote:
Buffy the cat hasn't learned that the bird has a warning signal for us
humans. And then Buffy tries to act all innocent and droop in our arms
as we drag her away from the cage for the thirtieth time.

How do we stop this? Closing the door to the cage room is impractical.

How so?

Using a spray bottle is usless and just makes for a wet cat.

Sorry, I don't have a suggestion. Persia is the only cat I've ever had and
the spray bottle definitely taught her my two parakeets were off-limits.
They passed away but I have a lovebird now and Persia pays absolutely NO
attention to her. When she exhibited curiosity when I first got Peaches
(who is this strange feathered creature?) the spray bottle worked. Not sure
why it isn't working for you.

Do you let your bird fly around? If so, that's probably what is attracting
Buffy. Definitely close the door to the cage room if your bird is in full
flight.

Jill