Old March 10th 10, 03:10 AM posted to alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

Default Male cat FLUTD UTI problems

"Kelly Greene" wrote in message

"Bill Graham" wrote in message
news

I had a brother in law who died of lung cancer, and he never smoked
anything in his entire life. I also know that the national cancer
institute attributes every lung cancer death in the entire world to
either their smoking, or to their ingestion of second hand smoke....IOW,
they don't believe it's possible for anyone who dies of lung cancer to
have contracted the disease any other way besides tobacco smoke. So I
take these, "TV" statistics with a large grain of salt......

Some of these non-smoking lung cancer victims were exposed to radon or
asbestos some time in their lives. I saw a special on TV about just this
subject years ago, so it's known that things other than smoking can and do
cause lung cancer.

Sure. And people were dying from lung cancer for thousands of years....Long
before either tobacco or asbestos came along. Also, I have known several
people who died of lung cancer, and I don't know that any of them ever
filled out a questionnaire about how much second hand smoke they were
exposed to. Certainly my second wife didn't, and she died of lung cancer. So
where do these statistics come from? - I think they are a figment of some
advertising executive's imagination.