Old August 5th 08, 08:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default Update on Rusty

"Winnie" wrote in message
On Aug 5, 11:06 am, "CatNipped" wrote:
Mega health purrs on the way for Rusty. Please let us know what the vet
says.

Ear Skritches,

CatNipped

Thanks for all the purrs.

Turned out Rusty has a lot of gas.
TED suspects irritable bowel or a sensitivity to his prescription
Mature Cat food. He prescribed some pills for 10 days. May have to
switch to a prescription diet like Hill's I/D or Medi-Cal's Gastro.
Rusty has to fast
for 24 hrs meaning no dinner tonight. He is going to complian about
it.
Another possibility is Rusty chewed something not agreeable to his
tummy. But
I think that is a remote possibility as I watched him closely. Rusty
mostly sleep all
day. He is often comfined to his room with just his litter box, food
and water.

The damage to the pocket book is not too too bad either. I developed a
headache
from the constant barking of a dog at the clinic. Came home with a
belly ache, probably from the stress. Looks like Rusty and I have a
lot in common. We are both getting older, have symptoms of irritable
bowel, and we are both skinny. I weighed myself at TED's and I have
also lost some weight which I can't afford to lose. Rusty lost about
1 lb since April. He is down to 6.8 lb.

On the positive side, I got some weight bearing exercises by hand
carrying Rusty in
a soft carrier and walk to TED and back. Now I am drained.

Winnie

I'm *so* glad it wasn't something more serious (or more expensive). Get
some rest now and try to have a relaxing dinner (I'm like a Jewish
grandmother - eat, eat, eat!) ;

Nose Kisses,

CatNipped