Old July 26th 08, 07:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

Default Abelard = 6.6 lbs.

"Christina Websell" wrote

| What would a normal weight for a male Aby be? I've not
| met many, but they seem quite light-framed, slender
| cats, 8lbs would be quite chunky ;-)

Normal is 9-10 lbs. Abelard has been up to at least 10 lbs. since I moved to
town. His adult weight on the farm was around 7-7.5 because he was always
out and about and often missed meals at home. He was too thin then. I was
very pleased when he went up to 9, then 10 in the last couple of years.

The 2nd time he went to the vet for the recent emergency, he weighed in @
8.8 lbs, but then I had trouble feeding him, off and on for several weeks
after that, and he became emaciated. Now he is on the way back up.