Old July 27th 08, 12:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default Heat Pump and A/C

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
wrote in message
Yowie wrote:

I live at about he same latitude (except south) as Charleston, South
Carolina, and near the coast like Charleston. That should give you a
rough
idea of my climate.

Do you have high humidity, too? I think South Carolina is very humid.
I've never been there, but in general the southern east coast of the
US is very humid.

Charleston SC usually has 85%+ humidity, as does our area. They
average 5-10 F hotter than us as well. We have a heat pump, we do
use it every winter and it usually works well enough, but we also
have a fireplace with an insert that works when it gets really cold
as the furnace doesn't warm enough for us to get away with regular
shirt sleeves and I hate asking family and friends to wear sweaters
ala Jimmy Carter.

Yup, we're on the coast and generally humid (around 80%). Thats the big
difference between Sydney & Melbourne - Sydney is by & large quite humid,
whereas Melbourne isn't.

I am very sensitive to dry air, I get really flakey, itchy skin (especially
my scalp & face). I don't like using the reverse cycle a/c to heat because
its always very dry air, but it is by far the cheapest option so put up with
it.

Yowie