Old December 26th 08, 11:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Adam[_3_]

Default Remembering Lizzie

I just wanted to take a moment to mention Lizzie, my favorite cat ever.
Her full name was Elizabeth LaScreecha Rubin (after H.M.), for obvious
reasons. We grew up together. She tried to teach me how to hunt, the
same way her mother taught her. She and I were eventually able to hold
simple "conversations," even if she did curse me out once. She died
twenty years ago today, December 26, 1988, at age 16. The azalea on her
grave flowers around Mother's Day every year.

http://mysite.verizon.net/adam707/Lizzie.jpg

Adam

P.S. Mietze, please don't add her to the list. She had a lovely
tribute at the time.

P.P.S. Thanks, Fran and Sylvia, for your suggestion of an azalea for
Allegra, which will be planted in the spring. A hosta is definitely
out, as we tried some for foundation planting and the deer ate them to
death.