Old February 24th 11, 09:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gandalf[_2_]

Default Snowmosnters are heer Feb 23

On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 23:00:37 -0700, MLB wrote:

Gandalf wrote:
On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 16:12:15 -0700, MLB wrote:

Gandalf wrote:
On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 13:19:34 -0800, "Mosey =^..^="
wrote:

Oh hai
Wee wiv in Warshingtoona State n ai m wooking owt da winnow, n der r bigbig
snoflakez fawling OWT dere n pa haz tew go entew da owt tew see uh speshul
kinda ted. meowmie duzznt wunt hym tew goh, waow, doze flakez iz gittin
biggur awl da tyme but dunt seam tew be stikking.
PUUUUUURRS fur owr pa dat iffen he goze, dat hym wyl mayke et hoam safe..
Luvz
Mosey

PS from Kyla
The clinic at the ted just called and it is snowing so bad down there, that
they are sending people home early. so he is re-scheduled for next week..
wow, we live near a lake and have about an inch on the ground and I was
concerned my dh wouldn't make it home in all this snow..and I'm so glad
they called him. What a blessing indeed.
The roads outside our home are covered in snow, which has quit...for now..
Well, that's good!

What could be worse than getting hurt (or worse) in a car accident going
to a doctor appointment?

I'm pretty good at driving in the snow....it's the OTHER idiots driving
6000 lb. SUV's that can't!

They think because they have 4 wheel drive, and a big V8 engine, they
can go as fast as they want.....and they DO...but they CAN'T STOP!!

Little cars like mine can stop MUCH better in slippery road
conditions....and I just drive as slowly as I can get away with.

So far this winter, we've gotten over 6 FEET of snow here.

We got another 17 inches Sunday and Monday

I just hate it.

Try to think of it as a good water supply for summer. We really need it
here and are (or shouild be) thankful for it. MLB

Not so much he flooding in expected in 5 states. That's as far as the
local news reports.

THe entire upper midwest has already gotten WAY more snow than usual.

One city in North Dakota is already making sand bags; they want to have
3 MILLION ready BEFORE the snow even starts to melt.

So here where it's mostly flat, a LOT of snow isn't really a good thing
at all, unfortunately.

I remember telling my boss many years ago that someday the USA would
have a water pipeline that would take water to arid areas. I guess it
won't be in my lifetime. MLB

It's never going to happen on a large scale.

Already, cities in drier states, where the growth of some cities has
been limited by the water supplies, have tried every dirty trick in the
book to try to tap fresh water from the Great Lakes.

But, even a 4 to 6 foot drop of sustained low water would endanger the
fish that spawn in the hundreds of streams and rivers that empty into
the Great Lakes.

The big port cities like Duluth and Superior, and every other port city,
would have to dredge huge channels to the port facilities, to keep them
open for large, and the huge ocean going shipping that is an enormous
part of the economy of all the Great Lakes states.

Those are just two of the problems that would cost billions of dollars
annually to the Great Lakes states, if water was drawn off by pipelines
to drier areas.

Laws are now in place (that many corrupt Republican politicians have
sworn to overturn...but It will never happen) to prevent any of the
Great Lakes from being tapped by pipelines to transfer water out of
state.

The Great Lakes must look like lakes of oil, to the dry states of the
desert Southwest. Ten percent of all the fresh water in the world is in
Lake Superior alone. It's the largest fresh water lake in the world.