Old March 25th 06, 06:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default [OT] coca-cola and rust

Pat wrote:

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote

I haven't drunk a Coke (nor any other soft drink, for that matter)
since childhood, maybe age 7-8, when I witnessed my father using it
to dissolve corrosion around a battery terminal.

Pat -- my father did the same thing with a mixture of baking soda and
water.

I don't think baking soda is that bad for you (and if it is, we'll
have to stop eating anything baked!).

Would baking soda dissolve the calcium in a water heater?

I suspect the "calcium" in a water heater is a much more
complex chemical compound!