Old August 20th 18, 02:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Skwirrel

On 8/19/2018 4:18 PM, John Kasupski wrote:
On Thu, 16 Aug 2018 17:14:08 -0400, jmcquown wrote:

I have a small bird bath on my back patio. It's very hot in South
Carolina this time of year so the birds drink and splash around in it
and the grey squirrels drink from it. One day last week I saw a
squirrel next to the bird bath go flat next to it. Turned out there was
a white-tail deer walking by. I guess the squirrel thought if it made
itself flat the deer wouldn't notice it. I had no idea squirrels are
afraid of deer. LOL

Jill

Up here in Buffalo, they aren't. In fact, I saw a grey (or is it gray?) squirrel
climb a tree and get an apple free to two deer below, only to get the core of
the apple once the deer ate the apple and wandered off.

John D. Kasupski
Niagara Falls, NY

That's cute! I must admit this is the first time I ever saw a squirrel
appear to be cowering when a doe mosied past.

Jill