Old November 8th 18, 04:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kitten

Default 6 cats out of 12 - Newcomer, please be patient, gentle.

Hello Everyone,

I'm new here, thought I'd give it a try - need some cheering up, as much as
the cats excell at this, some human comfort would be welcome too.
I am crazy about cats, all have been rescues, I can not fault them - the
only time I'm unhappy with them is when they fall sick.
So, at most I lived with 13 cats, 12 cats for years, time passes and now
I've got only 6 furry funny creatures keeping me company.
Anecdotes are plentyfull, where to start, maybe with my favourite boo
Kitten (one of his many nicknames) is a 10 year old ginger fat cat, the
youngest of the family, and we are co-dependant.
He joined the family accidently - first he was so sick when we found him he
was not supposed to survived, then we thought we'd give him away but....
He got into this habit of *having* to sleep on my face - accross my face, on
my cheek, any way he could, but if I moved he would sleep in my arms in bed
or where his human's fidgeting would not interfere with his many snoozes.
Then I had to leave him for a week [funerals far away from home].
Our first night back home was different, the little darling monster must
have thought he was abandonned again, he *had* to sit accross my entire
face: I couldn't see, I couldn't move, I couldn't breath!
But this cat could not be moved, it's like he made himself as heavy as
possible [he hadn't reached his present 6kgs+ but still], as if he was
hanging on for dear life, "fighting" him about this seemed pointless and
almost cruel.
I now learnt how to position my face to have one nostril free to make us
both happy, I guess it was a matter of survival for both of us in a way.
We have our routine now, different positions depending if I'm lying on my
back or on my side...I can't tell if it's endearing, funny, pathetic or
else...
Regarless, we can't sleep without each other now and I've never had a better
bed companion - no need for sleeping pills if I have a Kitten.
One of the downsides is my body seems to have associtated "Kitten on face"
with "must be very still and sleep".
So now, even if I'm not sleepy, after a few minutes of cat face cuddle, I
fall asleep, whether I need to get up or not....
Second and last concern, I've had to take another one of my other companions
to bed with me now{HC-story for later if anyone's interested}, and she is
trying to copy him, as if "this must be the best place to sleep", but she's
not as gracefull, she tries to climb my face as if it was some sort of
furniture (?), she has no problem trying to shove her foot in my mouth to
climb (oh yuk yuk yuk), she's clumsy and persistent AND Kitten will only
tolerate sharing *his* space if he has the prime spot - ie, all my face but
one cheek where HC is happy to reside eventually..
All you can see is a lump under the blankets and one (or two cats) where a
human head should be...
Crazy cats, crazy human...
Take care everyone, cats, humans and poorly humans: recover soon, I do not
know you but send you my best wishes for a prompt recovery.
Thank you for your patience with this human.

Adresse email/correspondance privées = Ne Pas partager sans permission
S.V.P.
Private email address/correspondance = Please Do Not share without approval.
Merci de laisser l'historique de conversation intact lors de nos échanges.