Old November 14th 18, 06:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kitten

Default 6 cats out of 12 - Newcomer, please be patient, gentle.

Hello Judith,

Thank you for sharing, and for letting me know I'm not too out of place as
the kind of cat people I am.
It's also nice to know I'm not the only one who's possessed by a ritualistic
pussy cat at bedtime.
They followed me to bed the other night, we all needed cuddles, no matter
what as it turned out.
6 cats are heavy though and they made things awkward at the beginning, then
they purred us all to sleep.
I didn't have to struggle for air, just for some space.
The next morning was another story:
after a long night with 6 kitties who had access to nibbles, their toilet -
a few meters away - was ripe...
Ideal time to bury my face in Kitten belly fur.
Unfortunately for me, after having to share his food bowl, his toilet, his
bed, his human with the rest of the cat family, it meant Kitten was in a bit
of a mood.
I had to be super pathetic to make him assume position.

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Kitten wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I'm new here, thought I'd give it a try - need some cheering up, as much
as the cats excell at this, some human comfort would be welcome too. I
am crazy about cats, all have been rescues, I can not fault them - the
only time I'm unhappy with them is when they fall sick. So, at most I
lived with 13 cats, 12 cats for years, time passes and now I've got only
6 furry funny creatures keeping me company. Anecdotes are plentyfull,
where to start, maybe with my favourite boo Kitten (one of his many
nicknames) is a 10 year old ginger fat cat, the youngest of the family,
and we are co-dependant. He joined the family accidently - first he was
so sick when we found him he was not supposed to survived, then we
thought we'd give him away but.... He got into this habit of *having* to
sleep on my face - accross my face, on my cheek, any way he could, but
if I moved he would sleep in my arms in bed or where his human's
fidgeting would not interfere with his many snoozes. Then I had to leave
him for a week [funerals far away from home]. Our first night back home
was different, the little darling monster must have thought he was
abandonned again, he *had* to sit accross my entire face: I couldn't
see, I couldn't move, I couldn't breath! But this cat could not be
moved, it's like he made himself as heavy as possible [he hadn't reached
his present 6kgs+ but still], as if he was hanging on for dear life,
"fighting" him about this seemed pointless and almost cruel. I now
learnt how to position my face to have one nostril free to make us both
happy, I guess it was a matter of survival for both of us in a way. We
have our routine now, different positions depending if I'm lying on my
back or on my side...I can't tell if it's endearing, funny, pathetic or
else... Regarless, we can't sleep without each other now and I've never
had a better bed companion - no need for sleeping pills if I have a
Kitten. One of the downsides is my body seems to have associtated
"Kitten on face" with "must be very still and sleep". So now, even if
I'm not sleepy, after a few minutes of cat face cuddle, I fall asleep,
whether I need to get up or not.... Second and last concern, I've had to
take another one of my other companions to bed with me now{HC-story for
later if anyone's interested}, and she is trying to copy him, as if
"this must be the best place to sleep", but she's not as gracefull, she
tries to climb my face as if it was some sort of furniture (?), she has
no problem trying to shove her foot in my mouth to climb (oh yuk yuk
yuk), she's clumsy and persistent AND Kitten will only tolerate sharing
*his* space if he has the prime spot - ie, all my face but one cheek
where HC is happy to reside eventually.. All you can see is a lump under
the blankets and one (or two cats) where a human head should be... Crazy
cats, crazy human... Take care everyone, cats, humans and poorly humans:
recover soon, I do not know you but send you my best wishes for a prompt
recovery. Thank you for your patience with this human.

Welcome, it's good to have newcomers.

My cat sleeps with me too but we have to go through the ritual of firstly,
I have to lie on my back so she can lie on me, then she goes for a snack
and I turn onto my side and when she comes back after about 5 minutes she
lies on my other side for about 10 minutes. If this is not followed she
sits and waits for each stage.

We're all crazy cat people here.

Judith

--