Old January 27th 19, 06:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tigger[_2_]

Default Cats are Not Anti-Social

On 2019-01-22 4:00 p.m., Judith Latham wrote:
In article , jmcquown

I've had a cat who wasn't cuddly and initially appeared to be unsociable.
Then I noticed that she might be, to all appearances, sound asleep, but if
I went to another room, she would almost instantly wander in, curl up in a

Ditto mine, but mine also behaves differently in different rooms, friendly
in one,
aloof in another.

new spot, and sleep. Like most cats, she liked company - but it had to be
on her own terms. Of the two I have now, both like petting - but one likes
her tummy rubbed and the other, who has never ever tired of having her
back patted or brushes, will try to take your hand off at the wrist if you
dare touch her belly!

*only* at the wrist? You're lucky.