Old November 3rd 07, 03:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Default Questionz

wellz da gramby luked ad diz and like soft waz veri imprezed. It iz
wonnerful. Willow watching what gramby is doing.
"squiffer" wrote in message
Ahem, I am Colette, a veddy smart kat, and my own dear sekretary started
the
glossary. It was long ago, and before this group existed. As I am of both
literary and scientific mind, I veddy much appreciate all the curious
minds
and their questions. Ahem. That is all fellow furrrrsons.
Colette

"Stormmee" wrote in message
:I don't think anyone has ever complained about the work Melissa has done,
if
: anyone needs to se her dedication they need only go and look at the
walk...
: bear in mind that honest questions and a desire to understand the
dynamics
: of a group can often be interpreted incorrectly or not as they are
: intended... it seems to me that all of the newer members are doing
something
: I did not have the courage to do when I first started reading here, I
think
: around 99 but am not sure... I always wondered how the ball started, how
the
: calling got started, Melissa is the only one I ever saw do it and I
wondered
: how that came to be, if there had been someone before, why/how did it
: change... just like I wondered when reading the glossary for the first
time
: who could be that creative and wonderful to catalog all of that... the
point
: is, I think the group is filled with love and I think that some of us
are
: sensitive to keeping traditions alive, and others of us want to
understand
: the traditions keep them and add to the life here at the community, soft
fur
: her cats
: wrote in message
: oups.com...
: Hello to all. My cats Oprah Anne and Princess Pasha played here for
: years (starting in 1996) when I was able to get rpcc through
: newsgroups via my dialup account. When that dried up, and I had to
: rely on the more difficult to follow internet groups on a dialup
: account, I had to give it up for a variety of reasons, the biggest of
: which was lack of time, although I did check in occasionally to see
: what was going on. This group was always about fun and love for me,
: and I can only hope it will remain so for all of you..
:
: I just want to take a moment to acknowledge the wonderful work that
: Mietze (by way of Melissa) has done for all of us over these last
: years. She alone has remembered the names of those cats, dogs,
: ferrets, other furs (even a snake or two), and hoomins who have passed
: to the rainbow bridge during the past years. She puts their names in
: her Walk of Remembrance and has worked tirelessly on the behalf of all
: of us to keep the names of those we've loved alive forever. This
: year, my beloved Lissa's name was called after she died shortly after
: last year's Jellicle Ball. There has been no one more dedicated to
: this task than Mietze/Melissa has been, and I wish to thank her for
: that.
:
: That said (and I wish to make clear this is not aimed at those who
: simply asked questions), I would like to add that those few of you who
: have *complained* should be ashamed. If rpcc no longer wishes to have
: a Jellicle Ball, that's fine, but it is a sad day when some in a group
: of people who have supposedly been brought together by love of their
: furs should attack someone who has done nothing but try to give some
: consolation and solace to those who have lost their loved ones. I
: have to wonder if those who have been so quick to criticize will step
: up to the plate and remember those who go to the bridge this coming
: year.
: Ellie Terrell, former rpcc-er and mom to kitties Princess Pasha,
: Phoebe & Emma
:
:
: