Old November 18th 08, 04:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bettina

Default Everyone please read

On 17 Nov., 22:05, "Bridget" wrote:
I am ashamed for this group. Lorie let us know that she had Felix put to
sleep. When I put Tony to sleep, one of the things that helped me hang on
was people who offered there sincere condolences. What ever you may think of
her decision, the thread where ANYONE announces that is almost sacred as far
as I am concerned. Offer your condolences or don't say anything at all.
Saying it awkwardly is one thing, saying it in a mean way is inappropriate.

Where is your compassion. Got anything to say about it, say it here where
she doesn't think you are offering condolences.

Thanks,
Bridget

Thank you Bridget for posting this.
Gives me the opportunity to give my two pence as well.

I didn't understand the reactions on Lories post at all.

Felix was her cat and she had to make the decisions for his
well-being. Only she could decide whether he could or should bear more
pain and treatments.

The tumors were recurring. The whole year long she made treatment
available for him. If the situation worked out the way that she
decided not to lenghten his pain everybody has to respect that
decision. How dare people to question her decision.

There is no set amount which determines if someones love is big enough
or not. Decisions are made when various components reach a critical
point, all of them together form a mixture which, in the end, blend
into a decision.

Nobody has the right to insinuate that Lorie made her decision out of
financial reasons. That is heartless and cruel.

Especially the people on rpca should be trusted that they would do
anything to help their beloved cats.
If someone critizises Lories decision he/she critizises her character
and her ability to judge a situation.

If someone critizises Lories decision he/she is showing an immense
lack of empathy.

I am really disgusted. And sad. How heartless people can be.

Bettina