Old January 10th 04, 06:48 PM

Dick Ballard wrote in message . ..
One of our cats loves to splash water in the area around his water
bowl before drinking. He does this with his paw - looks like he is
trying to clear debris (water is clear) or is trying to establish
where the surface is.

I'm getting tired of cleaning up the floor. How can I stop this
behavior without discouraging him from drinking? I've even switched to
a Drinkwell fountain with the running water and he still splashes
water all over the place.

Dick Ballard

I was able to stop my cat from doing this every ding-dong day by
purchasing one of those largish dog water bowls which has a rubber rim
around the bottom rim of the shiny steel bowl. Not too large but too
large for a cat, or so the clerk remarked: this is for a dog, not a
cat. If my cat prefers a dog water bowl, that's her right. So there.