Old January 7th 05, 01:15 AM

Default Beware of this Ragdoll breeder in Calgary

Weepurrs is a backyard breeder (kitten mill) in Calgary run by Phyllis
Mikesell. Her house is filthy and reeks of cat urine. (My first mistake
- I should have turned around the minute I smelled/saw the place.)

The kitten she sold me for $600 is the most adorable little guy in the
world and my family has fallen in love with him. He is five months old.
Unfortunately, we have since learned that he has several health
problems including Feline Infectious Peritonitis (FIP), which will kill
him.

Phyllis offers a "one year health guarantee" but has not returned any
of my phone calls or emails. The vet doubts that I will ever get my
money back and I will be forced to have him eunathized when his illness
gets very bad.

Please be careful when you invest your money and your heart in an
animal. Just because the breeder seems reputable because they are
listed on several web sites and is a member of organizations like CFA
and TICA doesn't necessarily mean they are reputable. Check it out for
yourself - insist on seeing the area where the cats live, as well as
the parents of the kitten you are buying. GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING.

And if you become aware of a kitten mill like this, raise hell. Someone
needs to protect those cats and prevent people like Phyllis from
exploiting them.