Old October 23rd 04, 11:10 PM
Sherry

Separating the cat is what should have been done to begin with, and it
was wise for you to put the new cat in a separate room. Allowing
fighting to happen can make introductions *more" difficult, and since
you've had a breakdown in the process of introduction, it would be wise
for you to keep the new cat in the room with NO contact with the other
cat for at least a week or so, let things settle down, then begin a
*very slow* introduction. You can read why this is so important and how
to do one he

http://www.catsinternational.org/art...roduction.html

Update:

She's been 6 days in the spare room and generally has become accepting of me
and accepts petting just like any other cat would from her keeper. For the
last 3 days I've been opening the door slightly to allow her and Worf to
have a sniff at each other and there was no adverse reactions. Today I
picked her up and carried her to where Worf was lying on a chair, he made no
move to run away or be aggressive but as soon as she saw him she 'yapped' a
kind of meaw, put her ears back and tried to launch herself out of my arms
at him - fortunately I was ready and held her back.

Lost cause?
--

I.P.Freely

Oh, no, it's not a lost cause. Six days isn't very long really. I never offer a
face-to-face meeting of the new cat till after at least 3 weeks. You just gotta
be patient.

Sherry